University of Pécs
The aim of the project is to implement a modern, international, green and student-friendly campus. In the framework of the Modern Cities Program, in addition to the modernization and partial internal transformation of the existing theoretical block, the project’s main task is to develop a new 12,000 square meter new educational and research building, taking into account the higher professional requirements. During the work, a huge central community park inside the campus is transformed. The development arranges the partially unresolved parking needs of the campus, building 304 parking- and 160 bikes spaces under the new building block.
Our specialists have shown complex solutions to coordinate the areas of education (seminar rooms, big speakers, community spaces) and research spaces (laboratories, insulated stairwells, locks and elevators, testers and test rooms).
Here are some interesting facts:
- The new wing will contain the so-called. Core Facility spaces that meet the highest standards of medical research and have specific features. This area is based on the “lab in the lab” principle, located in the middle of the building and shared by the institutes.
- In terms of complexity, the design of the Imaging lab line is outstanding, with super-sensitive optical devices placed in the box, with a separately adjustable air handling and lighting system to ensure complete dust protection in a photon-isolated area.
- The area of the molecular biology laboratory will be operated separately with a sluice-gate access system. In the entire lab room, the air handling unit must be able to filter out the DNA and RNA contaminants. It is also a special task to control the temperature and humidity.
- In the building, the vertical movement of live animals and chemicals had to be solved between the central storage and the animal house and the laboratory levels, separated from other transport spaces, for which a lift group dedicated only for this purpose was built.
- The institutional operation is supported by special educational spaces located on the ground floor and on the first floor with modern equipped student practical labs and other educational facilities (large speakers of 300 people, small speakers of 130 persons, educational rooms).
- About 2,500 foreign students study at the University of Pécs.
As a result of the investment, the city of Pécs enriches with a renewed campus that provides its students, educators and researchers with a modern, innovative environment to deliver results at international level in education and research.
- gross floor area:11223 m2
- status:in progress
- services:architectural generating design
- credits:Kádár Mihály; Kisgergely Csaba, Sebestyén Péter